The Mir payment system is a Russian national payment system. The Russian Federation issued the first MIR cards in December 2015. It is planned that the MIR card will get the maximum circulation in Russia and be used abroad through co-badging programs with the international payment systems. The operator of the MIR payment system is Joint-Stock Company National Payment Card System (NPCS) fully owned by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation (see the information from the official website http://www.nspk.ru/about/).
THE MIR CARD IS THE NATIONAL PAYMENT CARD:
- The MIR card is a fully Russian project.
- Safety and reliability of all transactions is guaranteed by the high-tech platform of the National Payment Card System and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation acting as the settlement bank.
- All budgetary payments will be transferred to the MIR cards in the near future: salaries of the budgetary organization employees, pensions.
- Card payment option irrespective of the political circumstances. It is especially relevant following the VISA and MasterCard precedent in 2014 when the international payment systems with head offices located abroad blocked the cards of several large Russian banks leaving the Russian people with no possibility to use their money. There is no such risk whatsoever with the MIR payment system.
- Modern Russian card safety technologies.
THE MIR CARD IS AVAILABLE:
- Anyone can get the national payment card! The MIR card issue and servicing terms are similar to the current terms of salary cards issued by the international systems. All services rendered by the MIR payment system on the territory of Russia are similar to the services rendered by the international payment systems.
- Withdrawal of cash in any ATM with the MIR payment system logo (on the territory of the Russian Federation).
- Payments in points of sales equipped with POS terminals with the MIR payment system logo (on the territory of the Russian Federation).
THE MIR CARD IS THE FUTURE:
Pursuant to Federal Law On National Payment System No. 161-ФЗ dated June 27, 2011 the transfer of the budgetary salaries to the cards of the Mir Russian national payment system shall start on July 1, 2017 and finish by July 2018 (by July 2020 for pensioners).
We are glad to inform you that GAZBANK, JSC CB has started issue of the MIR payment cards prior to the term indicated in the law and plans to transfer the budgetary salaries to the Mir cards by December 31, 2017 pursuant to the recommendations of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, in the context of the salary projects implemented with the budgetary organizations of the Samara region, at no revocation of the existing salary cards. The MIR card issue and servicing terms are similar to the current terms of salary cards issued by the international systems. All services rendered by the MIR payment system on the territory of Russia are similar to the services rendered by the international payment systems. The MIR cards are accepted in the ATMs of GAZBANK, JSC CB including the ones without cash withdrawal and in the network of POS terminals of the Bank.